This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

An April Morning at Stonepit


Stonepit Reservoir has been open for fishing again some weeks now. A few mornings ago I noticed that the Weak Bridge Sign had been covered up by another notice.

Regular readers will recall that last September I had missed taking a picture of a bird I'd seen.

Well I've got the birdie this time, except that I had no idea it was there until I downloaded the picture on to the computer. I shall show you closer pictures of both the bird and the sign at a later date.

Previous photographs of Stonepit Reservoir.

6 comments:

Nikon said...

Nice Spring shot. You got very lucky with that bird photo!

alicesg said...

Interesting and the bird photo looked good. Most of the time, I too captured some stuff in my photo that I did not realise till I loaded them in the computer...lol.

Tanya Breese said...

So have they fixed the bridge or is the deep water warning more to be worried about?
Great bird shot!

Lizzy said...

I think the deep water is something to be taken seriously, a child drowned there once

Tom said...

Are well done on the Heron.. it will move off once all the fish are eaten.. ha!

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I see the Heron across the water, does it need a licence to fish there.

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map