This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Missed the Birdie


As I was passing Stonepit Reservoir recently I saw what I think was a heron by the first fishing station.

I fished my "point-and-shoot" out of my pocket but just as I stuck the lens through the bars I dropped my stick and the bird flew off.

Even so, you can see the piece of wattle-fencing and a new strip of grass in this picture.

Previous photographs in this series:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, this is a suitable spot for any cute and smart heron.

Lizzy said...

Is it open for fishing yet Gerald?

Gerald (SK14) said...

lizzy -- seemingly not - I thought it was going to be open earlier in the year -- maybe the water environment is not yet right for the transfer of the fish -- perhaps it won't open until next year -- if I find anything out I'll let you all know.

duopastorale said...

Herons are so shy. Frustrating!

Tom said...

I must make the effort to view Stone Pit Gerald... then call around for a brew. ha! Nowt like cheek!
There seems to be a lot of Herons around here now, everywhere I go I here stories of garden ponds having all the fish taken by them. I am always happy to see them while I am out and about. A few years ago I saw one being Mobbed by Crows, the Heron is a very capable flyer when it wants to be. I was treated to an air display the Red Arrows would have been proud off.

Sab said...

Love the non-eventness of this posting! Great! And better luck next time with the heron.

Thanks for visiting my blog and good luck with yours. Keep it up!

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map