This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Behind Bowling Green Street


I've already shown you Bowling Green Street.

This is at the end of the street. The railway runs in a cutting behind and beyond are the terraced houses of Alexandra Avenue and the canal side factories on Alexandra Street.

I wouldn't risk climbing that wall to peek at the bowling green, but I promise to show you some green grass tomorrow.

9 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

hummmm
Danger for everyone! Spook... I`m worried here! I bet there is a lot of spiders there! Oh Gosh! I do hate spiders! Léia :0)

Anonymous said...

Every town has a few Grot Spots, sadly.

Maria Verivaki said...

no i wouldnt climb it either, because it might attract unwanted attention.

just like the parking business, or touching someone's property, tresspassing: it's all part of the norm here, so we take it for granted, even though we know we shoudn't be doing it, but at least we can live with each other afterwards.
in nz we wouldnt do it, because the idea of a home being one's castle still persists...

Don Wood said...

I cant climb anymore its not so easy in the wheelchair.Still I had years as a roof tiler before the MS so I cant complain. Be nice to see some grass after todays picture.

Sally said...

Pity you can't see the green. The most surprising bowling green I've ever seen is in New York's Central Park.
Sydney Daily Photo

Jane Hards Photography said...

Risking life and limb to get the real image. We don't have many areas like this, but if we so I find them.

brattcat said...

I love this shot, with the bits of humanity butting up against each other, from homes, to rubbish, to the front of a car, to an unstable wall. Really interesting composition.

Walker said...

Love these behind the scenes pictures, terrific.

Judy said...

So much going on in this picture. Looking forward to seeing the green.

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map