This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beatrix Potter Exhibition


The parents of Beatrix Potter were married and are buried at Hyde Chapel.

As part of Hyde Chapel's Tercentenary celebrations a Beatrix Potter exhibition was held last week.

On Friday, Andrew Parker gave a talk about the history of the chapel and conducted a tour of the building and the grounds. It was a fascinating account.

I can't promise to remember everything he said, but I'll be posting a number of photographs and revealing more details in the coming weeks.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder if Rene Zeilwegger came to have a look?

Maria Verivaki said...

nice to know that you are so close in spirit to people like Ms Potter who's given great joy to so many people - what would they be thinking now if they knew that they were gone but not forgotten ?

imac said...

Very interesting post Gerald, looks a nice Church too.

Jilly said...

Lovely photo and fascinating. Look forward to these photos, Gerald.

Anonymous said...

I do visit and I do comment and I was here. I did look at your picture(s) and I did read what you wrote about them. I could say how great you are and how beautiful your work is but alas I would soon run out of things to say on the next blog I visited, so I just left this to prove I stopped and said a few words on Sunday.

My Rheumatoid Arthritis hurts so I am using the same message for all.

magiceye said...

looking forward to some interesting history lessons...!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Looks like being a fascianting series of pics. Some filming for the Beatrix Potter film was done here. Rene Zeilwegger went for her morning run along Doulgals beach.Didn't know there was Hyde connection to Miss Potter re her parents.

Tom said...

Hi Gerald.... I was in the church yard a few months ago... I was a bit annoyed at the state of the headstone relating to this post.. seems what ever they have been using to do rubbing as marked the stones.
It is a nice church and building.. I can remember climbing the many steps in the spire and looking at the view. I went to the old Enfield Street School.. as did all my brothers and sister.

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map