This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

In Over the Low


Last Sunday was remarkably warm and sunny for February.

In the afternoon I climbed up to the War Memorial on the top of Werneth Low.

I took quite a number of photographs which I'll be sharing with you over at least the next six weeks (not all at once).

This is looking North over Hyde in the direction of Oldham, Rochdale and Bolton.

High in the sky but getting lower is an aeroplane bound for Manchester Airport.

7 comments:

imac said...

Nice photo Gerald, 1st glance thought it a UFO.haha.

Nikon said...

Very nice shot, nice panorama.
It looks nice & spring like there.
I'll be glad when we get some nice temps & a high sun angle.

Tom said...

Even on a Sunday Gerald the smog hands over the city centres and main roads.

 gmirage said...

Nice view...there was once a sky photo on Oslo daily and the poster asked if we can spot the airplane...lol yours is visible as it is and I saw it quickly.

Denton said...

Beautiful photo. I have considered taking similar photos from a "low hill" overlooking my home town. However, I have delayed this looking for the most clear day possible. I would think Winter is best for this sort of photo .... Thanks for participating in the collaboration effort to present visual metaphors in nature.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou for including my NZ blog to your tour. Interesting to see the daffidol at this time of year! I will add you to my blog roll also:)

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

On a clear day, you can see for ever, maybe even see my old house in Farnworth
Did you notice the plane taking off or landing?

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map