This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Cenotaph on Werneth Low circa 1990


I found this in a box of photographs recently. It was taken with a "panoramic" camera. I don't remember much about it, except that I only took one roll of film with it. Most of the results are not especially impressive but they include a couple of pictures of the Cenotaph or War Memorial on Werneth Low. This is scanned and cropped. The original was 60% sky!

The date is around 1990, I think. I've posted the other surviving photo on Old Hyde.

5 comments:

marley said...

Ahh, panaramic cameras! I had one once and hardly used it. The best results I got were from a trip to Edinburgh.

Nikon said...

There are still "niche"photographers who just take panoramic shots.
I have an old one somewhere of a dirigible :) It must have been taken in the early 1940s.

Lizzy said...

This scene hasn't changed at all in the last 17 years, or even since the war memorial was put up I suppose

zakscloset said...

it's always nice to find an old photo. looks very nice! 60% sky? you did a very good cropping job!!

imac said...

Cropped nicely too.


See wot Terence the Tramps upto

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map