This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Towpath Opened Up


I've taken you down the Peak Forest Canal towpath towards Manchester Road before.

See how it looked in January 2008.

That was before the Automasters factory was demolished. By March 2009 only the retaining wall remained.

Forward four months to last Monday and the walls have gone. Demolition work has been replaced by construction work.

I'll show you more photographs from Monday's walk at a later date.

4 comments:

Tootie said...

I'm quite anxious to see the change.

Tom said...

I look forward to seeing how the place looks Gerald.. I must nip down for stroll myself.

Jane Hards Photography said...

4 months form demolition to construction is pretty good. Over a year here to demolish and rebuild a housing estate, and still ongoing.

Lowell said...

I like this much better than the previous shot! Cowpath?

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map