This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Friday, May 15, 2009

T. & E. R 1847


It is amazing what you see when you look up.

I've walked down Hamnett Street so many times but only recently did I notice this plaque.

I thought of posting this alone and asking if anyone knew where it was and who on earth were T & E.R, but decided it would be far too difficult a question.


Today the building is home to the Abbey.

7 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

I guess it was a factory!
Great detail!
Léia

PAK said...

Yes. I am still finding plaques with dates, or sentences. But most of buildings in my own town are 'new' -- 1847 is rather an old date.

Rune Eide said...

Always look around - a good rule for any photographer. You have once again shown us why.
-

Mo said...

I often see plaques like these and wonder what the history of them is. I think there is a book in these.

DeniseinVA said...

It is always fun to discover something new from a place we have passed a thousand times. Great photo of a lovely old building.

marley said...

Its amazing how we don't see these details until we look up. I do it all the time now to see what I can spot. People must think I've got a screw loose!

danieldemain said...

What is now the building was once the UCP cafe closing in the 70s and as far as Iam aware was that business for a great number of years. UCP standing for United Cow Products.

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map