This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Monday, September 03, 2007

White Lion 2007


When I recently posted a view of the flower beds on Greenfield Street, some commentators suggested the lack of flowers there might be due to council cut-backs. However, to give the council their due, there are lots of bright flowers in hanging baskets and tubs around the town.

This one is in front of the White Lion which stands on the corner of the Market Place at the top end of Clarendon Street.

A picture of how it looked around 1910 is on Old Hyde.

6 comments:

bwide said...

Thanks for coming over to visit my place!

I love the look of yours. It is so nice to live in a place that is worth living in.

Best to you!

Annie said...

There certainly have been some changes made to the place, haven't there.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Hyde,
Good that you posted some flowers for the'commentariors' which thought there weren't any....
Why is this building called 'White Lion?" Lions-animals are mostlikely brown and not even red also.... Just wondering..

Thank you SO MUCH for your explaination about "what and how" from daily city blogs, a lot of work...So I stick to my blog for NOW. Thanks again..

:) JoAnn

Tom said...

I stand corrected Gerald about the cutbacks, I drove up Market Street on Saturday and also notice the traffic lights at the junction with Dowson Road have been flowered. Why I have not took note of these I don't know.

Dick said...

Very beautiful and special building. I like the white and brown color and how they have made it.

Ann (MobayDP) said...

Well these are pretty flowers.

I guess maybe at the other place they just wanted a change of scenery :)

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map