This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Fruit Loves This Water


It does does it? Well I don't.

The CDPB theme is "Funny Signs". Until Saturday my proposed post was something not so much "funny ha ha" but "funny peculiar" but that can wait now for a later day.

Just a week after splashing sun blocker all over as temperatures soared, this Saturday the rains came down with a vengeance. I took this quick photo of the rain in the Market Place as I fought to keep my umbrella intact. Only later did I see the advertising sign.

All those pots lined up outside the front of £-stretcher (formerly Woolworths) were hoping to be sold to bank-holiday gardeners.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants to the theme day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over here they start selling Orange juice with a taste of choclate. Guess that fruits did change much lately. A dry and nice start into the new month for you.

daily athens

Jim said...

I know how you feel. We've been rained out for about two weeks straight.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Dimple said...

I had a surprise that I noticed after I downloaded into the computer, also. It's up on Meditations of My Heart.

Tussy said...

We need rain here, cute ads sign.

My Inspiration
My Bangkok Through My Eyes

Cezar and Léia said...

The weather here is also awful, raining a lot.I hope I can see some sun next weekend.
Hugs
Léia

Lois said...

Nice shot in the rain and a very cute sign!

Buck said...

Serendipity is fun too!

Unknown said...

Now that's a cool find on a rainy day! :-)

Kim said...

Poor Gerald hit with the Monsoon and juggling the camera. Don't you love that when you really "see" the details after you get home and upload the shot! Very fun find for a funny sign.
Hope you're using sun screen again soon,
-Kim
(also in the puddles with you today)

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map