This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Path by Provident Mill


A footpath leads from Alexandra Street down by the side of Provident Mill (a furniture warehouse) to these steps, below which lies the Peak Forest Canal.

I'll show some canal photographs tomorrow and the day after and few more at a later date.

9 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

wow this place is really ancient and so peaceful!
Great shot
Léia

nobu said...

I agree with Leia.
I'd like to walk on the path.

stromsjo said...

Looks like that green is gradually conquering a b/w photo. Much like the spirit of this season.

Dan said...

looks like a great place to take a photo walk.

Saretta said...

Interesting mix of fencing and overgrown nature. Looks like the nature is winning the battle against civilisation!

Rune Eide said...

I look forward to those canal pictures. I love anything water.

Tom said...

This is a very narror path and soon gets overgrown Gerald.... it is a very long time since I walked it... must be over 20 years ago.. it looked much the same back then to.
I worked at the company on the left.. I helped to put the car park and loading bays in... that was 21 years ago this summer.

nituscorner said...

this place looks straight out from Keats poem

Rose said...

I like this shot...love shots looking down paths and roads.

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map