This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bank Chambers


I thought I'd show you a picture of the Bank Chambers after an Australian commentator to Market Street c.1905 on Old Hyde said
My father was born in the residence (uppermost storey) of the Bank in the Market Square a few years after this photo was taken. His birth certificate says "Bank Chambers, Market Square, Hyde." The family were the resident caretaker/cleaners.
The bank now belongs to HSBC , before which it was the Midland Bank. You can't see the balustrade too well in this shot as there wasn't this huge tree there 100 years ago.

You can see a bit more of the bank from the other direction in this post from May 28th, 2007.

Also prominent in the picture is the old Bus Shelter.

2 comments:

Tom said...

It's certainly a nice building Gerald the top is now covered with a fine mesh to keep the pigeon off.

smilnsigh said...

I'm seeing many photos of banks today. I think I should pull out some, I have, of our bank. :-) I can always use a new idea for a theme.

Mari-Nanci
Photos-City-Mine

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map