This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Brookfold Lane Bridge


This is the old railway bridge on Brookfold Lane.

It leads, not surprisingly, to Brookfold Farm, and it is from the top of the bridge that I took my earlier photo of the farm. There is [unless you are a very agile climber] no access from the lane under the bridge onto the footpath that goes over it.

9 comments:

Xana said...

Very beautiful!

Thanks for your visit to my Figueira da Foz (Portugal) City Blog

Tom said...

Good morning Gerald, We walked that footpath a few months back. We left our house in Newton and Big Peter led the way, we went under the M67 and came out on the Cricket Pitch in Godley and from there is was to this very bridge and yes... we climbed up using that rail to the left. By the time I got up there I did need a good rest. We followed the trail to a friends home on Cheetham Fold Road... We got a lift back thank god.

Kate said...

I bet that a kid could use the cement "path" on the left and shimmy up in no time! Interesting shot!

WichitaKsDailyPhoto said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love the archway under the bridge and all the lush green foilage.

Rob said...

Very nice, I like these old stone structures. I always think about all the people who built is these structures.

KAZ said...

There are some great railway tracks to ramble along in Tameside.

Neva said...

I love the bridge....looks wonderful.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Gerald,
Just this photograph itself is beautifully made! :) I love to look at it :)

Michael said...

And this, sir, is a lovely photo of a bridge.

Thanks for your remarks.

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map