This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Price of Fuel


I was going to take a photograph of the entrance to Morrison's supermarket but this display of fuel prices seemed to dominate the picture.

I haven't driven for a few years now so haven't really noticed the fluctuations in prices in the way that I used to.

I remember though that the price of petrol per litre was heading towards the £1 mark. Now it seems to have dropped to 85.9 pence. Deisel was always slighter cheaper than petrol but is now dearer. In the late 80s when I drove a deisel car the price differential in mainland Europe was even greater. As for autogas, that was almost unheard of a few years back.

7 comments:

isa said...

Ok, so to compare UK to USA prices I take: 0.86GBP x 3.79L : 0.51USD = very expensive!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I'm always looking at the price of gas. Maybe I should stop driving. :)
(It's 1.86 USD a gallon right now here- pretty cheap)

JaamZIN said...

Here the gas is very expensive (to compare to the wages). 1 liter is around 250 Forints which is around 1 Euro.

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

In Oliver, British Columbia, today, Gas (Petrol) is 92.9Can per litre thatis about half the price of UK.
But on the other hand we have greater distances to drive, so not realy cheaper from that point of view.

Anonymous said...

Just the other day, someone pointed out that while gas is very expensive, a gallon of it is still cheaper than a cup of Starbucks, and so much more useful. It really gave me something to think about as I sipped my latte!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just took one of these gas-price photographs myself. YOurs is better-lit, though. :)

Right now, prices here are about the same as Louz's... anywhere from $1.99 to $2.09 for a gallon of regular (that's 1.01-1.06 GBP), and these prices are significantly cheaper than they were over the summer.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to convert to Liters.

Gas prices here are .267-.280 GBP/L.

DANG, .859 is expensive.

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map