This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Church Inn gearing up for World Cup


With the World Cup starting in a few days time, all the local pubs are gearing up for some brisk trade. Many, like the Church Inn on Market Street are bedecked with England flags and banners and have installed big screens so their punters can watch the matches live.

As for me, I'm escaping at least the first round matches and cruising the Baltic. Whilst I'm gone, Pamela from Tenerife will be posting a series of pictures from previous Gee Cross Fetes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure Gerald will find that the ship has large screen TV's linked up to satellite, so he can't really escape! :)

Gerald (SK14) said...

I hope not!

Good to see you can post messages OK. I'll actually be gone a few hours or so!

Internet access on board ship is £15 an hour so I probably won't be doing any surfing!

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map