This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Breast Cancer Awareness


All around the borough are blue plaques attached to buildings. They usually denote the home of a famous citizen or mark the site of an historical event.

A few days ago I noticed what I thought was a new one. I only caught site of it briefly as I passed in a taxi. It said someone "lived here 1998-2005". "Hang on," I thought, "There may have been houses near here a few years ago, but this is at the back of the supermarket."

It turns out, when I looked more closely, a few days later, that it is actually part of a poster from the Marie Curie Trust promoting awareness of Breast Cancer.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's a great idea for a poster! Someone here should steal it! (Though I can't think of a place in the US that has plaques like that -- it seems more like a European / English tradition (Paris is full of them!)

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map