This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bandstand 1999


A few months ago I showed a picture looking down on the bandstand in Hyde Park. Later I showed another picture looking up at the bandstand.

This picture was taken in August 1999 by Frank Bennett ARPS and is reposted here with his permission. It first appeared on the Images of England website, run by English Heritage. The site has lots of photographs and details of listed buildings.

I shall be using more of Frank's photographs over the coming months.

1 comment:

Mountainboy said...

I love Hyde park, it seemed so big when I was a kid and my mum used to take me and my little brother to the health visitor in the park buildings. Later on when I went to Hyde Grammar we spent a lot of our lunchtimes in the park, often collecting pocketfulls of acorns to throw at each other when we were back in school!

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map